Know Your Home Mortgage
Many people simply accept the fact that a mortgage is a fact of life when purchasing a home. The reality is that obtaining a mortgage is merely a tool to help you achieve your goal of buying a home. Without a mortgage, most Americans wouldn’t be able to save enough money to pay cash or the home. Also, from an investment standpoint, you have the ability to invest 10% or 20% down payment and leverage that investment to achieve what will be for most Americans, their largest source of retirement opportunity. Even though it may seem obvious, let’s talk about the advantages of owning a home.
- Owning a home can help you grow the fastest amount of wealth over traditional investments.
- In most cases, Taxes and Interest paid on your home purchase is deductable. Of course, you should seek tax advice from a qualified tax accountant to evaluate your specific situation to ensure deductable.
- Financial Security: As the home’s value increases, you are provided with some form of financial security or stability as your investment rises, the increase will help you in retirement.
- Security: You can no longer be told to leave the property. As long as you make your payments, you cannot be made to leave.
- Flexibility: You can decorate the house inside and out to anything you would like to do. If you like pink and blue, nobody can stop you from painting that way.
Whether you are buying your first home or adding one to your list of existing properties, my job is to give you all of the options available to you so you can make an educated decision about how best to spend your money. I understand that buying a home is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life time (until you buy your next property). Once you are educated, you will find that the process become as simple as possible.